- the information that Tour Hawai‘i App collects from users;
- how that information is used by Tour Hawai‘i App; and
- the rights and options available to users.
Contact Tour Hawai‘i App / Abuse reports
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person, in the course of using the Services, then please contact Tour Hawai‘i App at: [ where? ]
You may send Tour Hawai‘i App other requests, responses, questions and complaints by email at [ where? ]
Information that is being collected
Whenever you use the Services, Tour Hawai‘i App will collect the following information which we share with our approved tour companies
Charge card info and Billing address
PayPal account information
Facebook login info
Assigned user name
Detailed location and route information, for example in the form of GPS signals and other information sent by your mobile device on which the Application is installed and activated.
Uses of information
Tour Hawai‘i App may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the Services. For example, Tour Hawai‘i App may use your location and route information and/or search query history to provide information and advertisements about sites, shops and other places and attractions in your close vicinity, or that we believe, based on your search query history, you may find interesting;
- Tour Hawai‘i App may use location and route information to create a detailed location history of all of the journeys you have made while using the Application;
- to operate the Services and to improve and customize your experience with the Services.
- to improve the experience of other users. For example, Tour Hawai‘i App may use your tour information to improve the accuracy of its Services;
- to provide you with support and handle requests and complaints;
- to send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services;
- to create aggregated and/ or anonymous data (where such data does not enable the identification of a specific user)
- to contact you when Tour Hawai‘i App believes it to be necessary;
- to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when Tour Hawai‘i App has a good faith belief that Tour Hawai‘i App’s cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures;
- to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the Services;
- to handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
- to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Service, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Service;
Further information may be collected when Tour Hawai‘i App exchanges communications with you, for example, if you submit a request, contact Tour Hawai‘i App’s support team, or report a violation to the abuse team.
Integration with social networks
You may choose to share information between your Account and your social network account (such as Facebook). Through this option, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from social networks, transmitted and shared through the Services. Similarly, you may choose to have personal information and other content about you available from Tour Hawai‘i App, including your location and route information, transmitted to and shared through your social network account.
When you connect to the social network account through the Services for the first time or otherwise make the Services interact with your social network account, you will be asked to permit the social network to share your personal information stored on such social network with the Services. We collect your information from your social network account only in accordance with your privacy settings you have set up under your social network accounts.
Accordingly we only collect such information which you allowed the social network(s) to share with third parties (such as your name, email address, list of friends, profile picture, other information you make publicly available via the applicable social network). You understand that the Services may access, make available and store (if applicable and as permitted by the third party social network and authorized by you) such information so that it is available on and through your Account. For example, Tour Hawai‘i App may allow you to share your location with your Facebook friends, via the Application.
Meta-data that we collect
Tour Hawai‘i App collects information about the use of the Services. For example, Tour Hawai‘i App may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Services, the duration of your sessions, information about the device on which you have installed the Application, the web pages that you visit via the Application, information that you read, content that you use or create, advertisements that you view or click on, your communications with other users and third parties, the Internet protocol (IP) address and the name of the domain that serve you to access the Services, and the geographic location of the computer system that you are using to log-in.
Sharing information with others
Tour Hawai‘i App does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties.
We collect and retain but do not share information regarding your checkpoints visited and your comments.
Tour Hawai‘i App will not share your personal information with others, without your consent, except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in Tour Hawai‘i App’s good-faith discretion:
- as necessary for the operation of the Services. For example, making, confirming, and canceling reservations with approved tour companie;
- If Tour Hawai‘i App is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and Tour Hawai‘i App, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- In any case where Tour Hawai‘i App reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
- For facilitating the Service and to store your data on servers located in the U.S.A;
- To collect, hold and manage your personal information through cloud based or hosting services or a third party or a party affiliated or connected to Tour Hawai‘i App, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction, including but not limited to the United States of America.
- Tour Hawai‘i App may also share personal information with companies or organizations connected or affiliated with Tour Hawai‘i App, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies. Personal information may also be shared with Tour Hawai‘i App’s other partners and service providers to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
How does Tour Hawai‘i App use aggregated information?
Tour Hawai‘i App may use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information (including anonymous location information), in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, including customized services, to change or cancel existing content or service, and for further internal, commercial and statistical purposes.
Tour Hawai‘i App may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information collected on the Services, in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information to users of the Services, to the Services’ providers, partners and any other third party. For example, GPS information that we receive from your mobile device may be provided to map editors in an aggregated and/ or anonymous form to help improve the map and solve map problems.
Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your computer’s hard drive. If you wish to block the Website’s cookies, then please use the help button in your browser and follow the necessary instructions. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent your use of the Website, or certain features thereof.
Tour Hawai‘i App may permit, solicit or contract certain other companies to conduct advertising campaigns on the Services. We are not responsible for the content of said advertisements and the products delivered or services rendered thereby by third parties and you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that we shall not be held responsible or liable in connection thereof.
The information and advertisements that you see when accessing the Services may be targeted on the basis of:
geographic or contextual information which we collect from you;
information received from third party partners; as well as
your search query history.
You hereby agree that we may provide such information and advertisements targeted on the basis of your search query history.
Tour Hawai‘i App considers information security to be a top priority. Tour Hawai‘i App implements systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. Therefore, although Tour Hawai‘i App takes great efforts to protect your personal information, Tour Hawai‘i App cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that Tour Hawai‘i App’s databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Last modified: June 23, 2017